Offered for a limited time only - select Thursdays at 11 a.m. (with advance reservation)
$350 non-members | $250 members
Please note, the Giraffe Tour will return next fall.
Experience the world’s tallest land animals in a way you never have before. Begin your tour with an informational session with a giraffe expert to learn about the care that goes into these tall creatures. Then, walk up to the outdoor enclosure and have the unique experience of feeding a giraffe.
Wild Encounters General Guidelines
• Due to the unpredictability of working with live animals, the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium reserves the right to cancel or reschedule Wild Encounters at any time. All tours are scheduled based on animal and staff availability. Cancellation for health and safety reasons are made at the sole discretion of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. In the event of a cancellation, the Zoo will contact you to reschedule as soon as possible.
• All tours are guided walking tours; guests will not board a tram or other vehicle.
• Guidelines of established age ranges and maximum number of guests are non-negotiable and strictly enforced.
• Please plan to arrive at the designated meeting area 15-minutes prior to the tour start time. Tour times are fixed. Late arrival will result in a shortened tour experience.
• We are unable to accommodate strollers during Wild Encounters.
• All guests are required to wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or high heels) in behind-the-scenes areas.
• Wild Encounters participants must have a signed Waiver of Liability before beginning the tour. Participants under 18 years of age must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
• Food and drink are not permitted in any behind-the-scenes areas.
• For safety reasons, service animals are not permitted on behind-the-scenes tours.
• Interaction with or touching of the animals without explicit direction from a Zoo staff member is not permitted during Wild Encounters.
• Other restrictions may apply.
Wild Encounters Scheduling Information
• All tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
• If a member of your group has a special need or mobility issue, please contact us in advance so accommodations can be made, if possible.
• All Wild Encounters include general Zoo admission – guests are free to explore before or after their tour.
• Reservations are required and must be made at least two weeks in advance. Reservations close two weeks prior to tour date.
• Cancellations must be made seven days in advance or payment will be forfeited and donated to the Zoo’s Conservation Fund. All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.