Group Sales Rentals Coordinator
- Works during rentals to admit/greet groups entering the Zoo, prepare and test sound equipment, help post signage throughout the Zoo, meet entertainment and others to help unload, assist Grounds and Catering with setup as described by Group Sales and Rentals Coordinator. Help with locking up buildings and break down of rentals.
- Assists in developing mailing list/database and fold, stuff and label mailings.
- Meets with potential clients, conduct facility tours, and make sales presentations.
- Completes event contracts, follow-up with clients, and designs event layouts; creates floor plans and memos.
- Assist with Marketing Department events as needed.
- Develops lists of potential companies in the area that we can approach regarding company picnics and holiday parties.
- Registers and keeps up-to-date files on all conventions and membership/subscriptions to organizations.
Group Sales responsibilities
- Answers the group sales hotline.
- Mails group sales information to groups.
- Actively seeks new consignment opportunities (i.e. colleges, corporations, hotels), and coordinate consignment ticket sales.
- Must have the ability to drive to area organizations to promote and sell tickets.
- Works with Creative Services to write and design fliers to be distributed for the programs.
- Runs reports (from the Zoo’s internal computer program) of the schedule of Zoo events and distribute to all Zoo departments weekly.
- Prints tickets for corporate group sales.
- Copies, folds and stuffs group sales literature.
- Assist in the development of mailing list/database and fold, stuff and label mailings. Take bulk mailings to the Post Office.
- Updates pavilion signage daily.
- Assists with familiarization tours with VisitPittsburgh (2 times per year approx.)
- Helps with ZooMobile appearances and other Marketing special events (20 times per year approx.).
- Handle small animals for special events, rentals and marketing appearances
- Work with customers to meet their needs, make suggestions, and ensure that we exceed expectations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position involves working in the park with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position occasionally assists with setting up of chairs and tables.