Position Title: HVAC Technician
Position Status: Full-time, Collective Bargaining Unit
- Maintains air conditioning systems by cleaning coils, tubes, replacing refrigerant, purging and vacuuming system, etc., Performs work in accordance with established safety policies and procedures;
- Maintains, repairs and adjusts pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems;
- Maintains ventilating systems by adjusting fan motors, balancing air and water flows, replacing filters, resetting fire dampers, etc.;
- Monitors air conditioning consul, alarm systems, etc.; studies readings and makes recommendations in case of malfunctioning;
- Replaces and cleans boiler tubes and boiler sections;
- Maintains records on all preventive maintenance performed;
A technical degree in heating, ventilation and air conditioning is required with a minimum of five years’ commercial HVAC experience. A working knowledge of DDC systems is required.
Position is physically demanding and works indoors and outdoors with exposure to inclement weather conditions; requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.